Thursday, July 19, 2007

Photos and promises

Ok, so I made a promise to myself that I would post a picture with every entry I make. I think reading just text is very boring and most of the blogs that I like to read have lots of pictures. So that's my excuse for taking so long to post. I'm working on a sock that doesn't photograph well. I've been putting off taking pictures; first, to get enough done to make a worthy photo; second, to get that 'perfect photo'. I've noticed that a lot of knit-bloggers are also amateur (or perhaps professional) photographers. I am unfortunately no such person. I finally gave in tonight and took a crappy photo under the kitchen light. Yuck.

black_cable_sock

It's a basic cable twist, 6 stitches wide, 6 rows tall with k2p2*2 ribbing in between. I wanted to incorporate more cables (there are only 5 - a 16 stitch repeat over 80 stitches) but I was worried that it wouldn't stretch enough to be functional.

I'm using KnitPicks Essential and the design is my own. I must admit though that I was inspired by a sock I saw in Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks. It may very well be what she had in the book, but I only flipped through it in the book store and remember seeing a sock with cables running down the leg. Besides, I'm going to buy the book, it's sitting in my stash at KnitPicks.com.

Alright, I just can't end this post with that crappy picture, so here is a good one, a shot of Dominica from the cruise ship on our honeymoon last July:
IMG_0450
There. Much better.

1 comments:

Sherlda said...

Your socks look wonderful. I still fearful of making socks.